Monday, April 28, 2014

Insurance Companies and Paperwork

4/28/2014

It's a glorious day outside, though a little on the chilly side.  And, I'm inside.  Why?  Because today I have to deal with an insurance company about my 2013 benefits - namely my health care spending account.  We deposited money in that account last year, but there was so much going on that submitting claims for reimbursement fell through the cracks.  This is not surprising.

Today's challenge is to ask the insurance company if it's too late to submit claim(s) for reimbursement, and I hope the answer is no.  If not, then we made payments to that account and pretty much threw our money away.  

There were many challenges for us last year, not the least of which is managing the medical bills.  It almost feels as if you need an advanced degree in I'm not sure what to muddle your way through the minefields with facilities and doctors.  You almost need a spreadsheet to help keep track of bills and payments!

Since I'm home, and as a newlywed I promised Jeff that I would handle the paperwork, I'm doing just that, and it's a lot of work.  It's probably a good thing that I have so much free time, even though I'd pretty much do anything else (even mopping the kitchen floor) than sit on hold and speak to someone, who will transfer you to someone else, before you lose the connection, and you have to start all over again!

Once I'm done with my "work", I will then be able to go outside and play in the sunshine, which I will enjoy very much.

Have a sunny day.

P



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...