Monday, April 21, 2014

Post Easter

4/21/2014

Once again the bunny has come and gone.  Since the boys are all grown up, he doesn't stop at our house anymore.  One good thing about no Easter Bunny, is that there are no eggs that haven't been found, until you smell them!  Folks, that's not a good thing I promise you.

Each year, Jeff and I would hide the eggs and as they got older, the hiding places were harder for the boys to find.  One year we balanced an egg on top of the ceiling fan!  Took them forever to find that one.  Good thing nobody turned the fan on, or we would have had scrambled eggs. And our bunny didn't just color a dozen eggs - nope, he really got into it and generally there were 24 eggs to find around the house.

As a child, I remember the Easter baskets Mom used to give us.  The baskets were stuffed with peeps (gads what a horrible candy), chocolate bunnies (always eat the ears first), sometimes little chenille chickens and an assortment of other candy sure to rot our teeth.  And it was fun. 

Now when you go to the store, you see these prepackaged baskets that are 90% grass and 10% some kind of candy and a toy.  The baskets are all wrapped up in colorful cellophane and ribbons, but those are not something I would ever buy.  Children are so happy with almost anything, and while it does take time to color the eggs, and it's messy besides, they are so proud of their outlandish colored eggs.  The boys would dye the eggs one color, perhaps blue, and then dunk it back in another color and more often than not the bunny had to hide really drab brown looking eggs!

I made a nice dinner for Jeff and I.  I had ham, scalloped potatoes and corn casserole (this is a really yummy dish),  For dessert I took a bag of frozen berries (blueberry, strawberry, etc.), added cool whip and put that in bowls and then to the freezer.  Cost nearly nothing to make and wonderful to eat. Caution: trying to eat frozen desserts, such as this, right out of the freezer, is a big mistake.  Better you should let it thaw out a bit.  There is no reason to chip a tooth!

 P

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...