Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Benjamin

4/22/2014

Today is Benjamin's 6th birthday!!!!  He's growing up and is no longer a "little" boy.  As he continually grows up, I still miss the rocking chair and putting Benjamin to sleep.  There is nothing quite like a baby or small child asleep in your arms.

I don't know about you, but there are many times that I look back with longing for the little boy.   I used to think it would be lovely if you could put a child in a bubble, so that they didn't have to grow up!  With every year that passes, Benjamin becomes older, which is a good thing, and more independent, also a good thing.  Mom Mom doesn't have to like the fact that he's no longer a little boy sitting on her lap. 

I watched my boys grow up and became good men, and I'm proud of them both.  My hope is that as Benjamin becomes an adult, that he will also be a good man.  Benjamin has so much empathy for people and animals at this young age, that I have no doubt that this will continue as he grows up.

I remember fondly driving Benjamin back and forth to work listening to his mostly non-stop cheerful babbling in the back seat.  He had a sunny disposition as a baby and toddler and it was a joy just to be around him.

Even though he's much older now, there is no greater delight than when we visit him, and he throws himself at me and hollers "Mom Mom" using his best outside voice!  A hug and kiss from a small child is nothing short of heaven.

Tonight we are going to have pizza and cake with Benjamin and his parents as well as Stacey's parents.  I wasn't around last year for his birthday, a fact that hurts me still.  I am definitely going to make the most out of tonight and can't wait to see the joy on his face while he opens presents.

Happy birthday Benjamin.  Mom Mom and Pop Pop love you very much.

Kisses!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...