Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Time

4/27/2014

Today is the perfect day to be outside, doing something or perhaps nothing at all.  The sun is out and after yesterday's downpour you can almost see the leaves appearing on trees and perennials popping out of the ground.

After I finish my "chores", I may take myself and a book and take a lawn chair out into the yard and collect some much needed Vitamin D!  Oh, and while I'm doing that, perhaps I can start working on getting some color on my pasty white legs!  Gone are the days when I purposely wanted to tan, but any little color I get now, makes my body look better (or perhaps that's just my optimism)!!

As the temperature warms up today, I make wash my car.  I love nothing better than playing in water and what better excuse for doing so, then having a clean car.  I'm not a great or even good washer, but I hit all the low spots (you can just forget about the roof) and have always thought that cars run better when they're clean.  You don't have to tell me - I already know I'm strange.

Even though it's nice outside, there are still things that I must do inside.  I made macaroni salad yesterday, so I can check that off my list.  Today I'm going to make meat loaf with baked potatoes.  For dessert I'm going to blend a mix of frozen berries into cool whip and freeze. Quick, relatively low calories and a favorite.  You do have to allow for some thawing time before trying to chip away (literally) a piece to eat.  But the reward is worth the wait.

I've been diligently cleaning out my closets and I have two large bags of clothing to put out for tomorrow's pick-up.  I had a lot of clothes that I either didn't wear; or no longer fit me.  :)  As I purged the closet and saw all the extra room, I have decided I like it that way.  Oh don't get me wrong, with enough free time on my hands and some bargains on Ebay, I will probably clutter up the closet again.  What I'm trying to get rid of is most of my work clothes, which I obviously no longer need.  I remind Jeff of how much money we're saving by not having to buy seasonal work clothes! My wardrobe now consists of jeans, capris and tops, which are all relatively cheap to buy.  

So when I put my two bags of clothing out on the front porch today, I'm confident that the clothes will be of use to somebody, and likely to somebody who really needs clothes. It's my good deed for the day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...