Friday, August 8, 2014

Hell on Wheels

8/8/2014

When Scott recommended - highly - a tv show called "Hell on Wheels", here's what first came to mind.  Swarthy, heavily tattooed, long hair, clad in leather and chains hanging from their pockets.  Oh, and Biker Barbie in the back seat!

The show is about the building of a railroad to the west, through Indian country.  The characters are real and last weekend, while Jeff was out, I had a marathon session of watching all the episodes from season 1 and 2.  I was well and truly hooked.

There are bad guys, then there are the really bad guys, bad women, lots of "liker" and fighting and shooting.  Scenes right out of the wild west.  

The one thing I wonder about a series like this.  The men have dirty and sometime stringy long hair, beards of all sorts and are filthy.  The streets are muddy and the women were at that time wearing long dresses - yuck.

Do the actors/actresses wear the same clothes that look unwashed to me, day after day? Or does the studio provide them with a multitude of scruffy and dirty clothes to wear?

I find myself rooting for the good guys, and there are some of them, and booing at the bad guys and there's a whole lot more of them obviously.  There is drinking and gambling and I suspect that the actors drink iced tea or equivalent for their "drinks" at the salon, because if it was the real stuff, I don't think any of them would be able to stay on a horse or shoot somebody in the head.

You might want to check it out.  It's contagious I promise.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...