Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams

8/12/2014

Robin Williams committed suicide yesterday and that makes me sad.  Robin apparently battled drugs, depression and was bipolar.  That's a lot for a person to deal with.  

The first time I remember seeing Robin Williams was on the tv show "Mork and Mindy".  Maybe you remember it also?  He was an alien from outer space.  The show was funny, and he played his part well.  His movies such as "Patches", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Hook", and my all time favorite "Good Morning Vietnam".  

He made me laugh with his antics on the screen, but his movie roles, doesn't show the real person, who had struggles that eventually wore him down.  I speak from experience when I tell you that dealing with just depression, can wear a person down.  

Jonathan Winters was also a funny man, was bipolar and had nervous breakdowns.  He spent eight months in a psychiatric hospital in 1959 and again in 1961.  In his stand up routines he made obscure reference to his illness and hospitalization.  Winters died of natural causes at age 87.

After Winters passed away, Robin Williams posted, “First he was my idol, then he was my mentor and amazing friend. I'll miss him huge. He was my Comedy Buddha. Long live the Buddha.


We will surely miss Robin Williams.  

P

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...