Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Week

8/21/2014

You may have noticed that I didn't blog yesterday.  I do have a good excuse, at least I think so.  Three days a week I volunteer at a non-profit agency, which makes me set my alarm (shock) and get to "work" on time. I basically just answer the phone and transfer people to hopefully the right place.

On Tuesday I took a data entry volunteer job with the Humane Society of America, and the keying in the data was the easy part.  The hard part was attempting to read people's handwriting.  When I was in school we practiced penmanship but from the forms I had to work with yesterday, I don't think they do that anymore.

Certain letters in a name could either be an "a" or an "o".  Likewise "I" or "L".  The good news was that I could work from home, using my IBM "click" keyboard, which I don't think anybody uses very much anymore.  When I press a key I want to hear the sound of a letter being pressed down.  Plus, as an added bonus, I can type like the wind because the keys aren't "mushy" or maybe the right word is soft.  I know that newer keyboards don't make much or any noise, but I'm old school, I like the sound of clicking keys!

In my spare time, I have been working with my old friend Wilma.  I will start writing again today, but first I must get my kitchen in order!  My OCD doesn't like disorderly, but I gave myself a pass since I was working and I wanted to finish the project as quickly as possible.

I believe I am steering away from Lincoln's diary and leaning more towards slaves and the Underground Railroad.  The internet is a virtual font of knowledge, and I have learned many interesting facts about the slave trade and slaves trying to escape plantations.

There's no pressure to write other than I promised Jeff that if I ever earned more than a buck fifty for my writing, we could buy a jet.  The jet would, of course, be after I have a complete body lift.  I just want someone to start at my ankles and just pull my skin all the way up to my ears, tighten everything up - I don't think that's asking too much!  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...