Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer's Over

8/17/2014

Well it's not really over, according to the calendar.  But, for all the large and small retailers, including those famous on-line ones, it's time to think about fall - now!

Backpacks, binders, pens, and any other back-to-school type item are all on sale now, because the large retailers, don't want to have too much stock left over when "gearing up for school" time is over, and everyone knows that Halloween is just around the corner.  

You want to be first on the block to get your orange and brown decorations up on the front door and your pumpkin on the front porch - never mind that pumpkins don't live forever, so you may need to replace it before the trick 'n treaters come around!

Right now you can buy fans, window air conditioners, beach towels and pool and sand toys at low prices.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to store new summer gear, just because something is on sale.  There was a time when Jeff and I, and the boys, went to the beach.  In California, it was Newport Beach and here in the East, it's the Outer Banks.  Our years of renting a house big enough for all of us at the Outer Banks, is a distant memory now.  But boy did we have fun!

I don't suppose it's too far fetched to think that you'll be seeing ads for fall/winter clothing in the next few weeks.  Now would be the time to stock up on bathing suits and all things summer - or not.  

Traffic this month has been a breeze because a lot of folks in this area are on vacation, so fighting traffic isn't much of a problem.  In a week or two traffic congestion will become the norm again as it does every year.  Luckily for me, my volunteer job doesn't start until 10:00 and ends at 1:00, so I miss rush hour traffic each way.

I have some fake spray-on that I use on my legs during the summer.  Once shorts and capris are not part of my daily wardrobe, I go "pale" until the following summer!

Oh and one last thing about summer - tv watching sucks.  We're sort of in that no man's land of reruns and super cheesy television, while we await the fall line-up.  For the new fall shows, I try to watch most of them at least once - I do want to be fair after all.  If, after the second show I'm  not wowed,  I stop watching and find something else to watch.  And yes, if you're wondering, I'm fickle when it comes to television shows.  I can always find a cooking or reality show, both of which I love, most every day and night.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...