Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Actresses

8/26/2014

I didn't watch the Emmy's last night.  I thought that I could record "better" TV shows, use my thirty second skip on the Tivo to avoid commercials, and return back to my shows quickly.  I know that any award show is riddled with commercials, which I refuse to watch.  Besides, the next People magazine will have great coverage of the award show, and pictures of actresses and maybe even an actor or two,

I read in today's paper that several stars that were interviewed, couldn't remember the name of the gown designer (talk about negative publicity), who designed their fancy mini clutches, and where the jewelry came from.

Julia Roberts, a personal favorite of mine, was a class act in her beautiful and short dress.  Advantage of a short dress: no tripping on hemlines!  Cleavage was in abundance, which is the par for actresses.  I wonder how they keep the tops of their dresses to stay in place.

On line I saw a dress slit up to the imagination line on both sides.  Sitting in that dress must have been awkward.  More often than not, less is best.  The "girls" don't have to be out front and on display.  Think wardrobe malfunction!

Here's an idea what a night out at an award ceremony costs.  An "average" star consumes about $75,000 worth of goods and services,  The triple A- list the number rises to over $1 million. 

The stars spend their own money on beauty treatments and an additional $5,000 for services in the weeks prior to the event.  Everything else is on the studio's tab, is loaned/borrowed, or is gifted/donated from the provider who wants a brush with star power.

Award shoes give stars a glorious chance to play Cinderella, at least for one night.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...