Friday, August 22, 2014

Aging

8/22/2014

When I was a teenager I couldn't wait to be 18, because everybody knows that an 18 year old knows everything! Or not.  Unlike my peers I wasn't dying to be 21 so that I could drink.  The only time my Dad had something to drink was a cold beer after mowing the lawn.  So wanting alcohol wasn't on my agenda.  At 64 I can say that I only drink minimally now and that's generally when we go out to dinner - someplace that has a waiter - and not a walk-up window!

The years went by, I had children and certain parts of my body began to shift downwards!  Oh how I envied those women who were still perky on the top.  It never occurred to me to try running because "the girls" could possibly do me bodily harm by bouncing around.  I at least thought that was a reasonable excuse.  Sounds better than just saying I'm just too lazy to get off my sofa!  Besides everybody knows that you can burn a lot of calories (not) by doing the dishes and folding laundry!

Without notice these small brown spots began to show up on my hands and arms.  Yuck.  Some people call these spots "wisdom spots".  I call them UGLY spots.  Unfortunately, over the years those little spots have multiplied, there now being too many to count.  Never a good sign.

Okay by now I have sagging skin and wisdom spots.  There is only one thing left for my body to do to me, start turning my brown hair gray!  Super yuck.  I don't object to having gray hair, it goes with the territory, but gray hair doesn't curl - easily!  I tried coloring it for a bit and the cost of keeping the gray at bay, was costly and wasn't good use of my time.

Here's to growing old(er) graciously!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...