Saturday, August 9, 2014

Movie Review - The Lone Ranger

8/9/2014

We children of a "certain age", lovingly remember watching Tonto, the Lone Ranger and Silver on our black and white television screens.  But whole generations of children didn't grow up on our heroes of the west.

Disney made a "Lone Ranger" movie starring Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as the Lone Ranger.  I've never even heard of this actor, but he played his part with perfection.

The setting: the wild west, railroads being built, Indians attacking and bridges and trains being destroyed.  While this is a movie that an older child could watch, some of the dialogue in the movies would be over their head.  In one scene, the Indian Chief looks at a pocket watch and says something like "bah, Sears and Roebuck".  

If you want action, lots of action with a fair amount of fun built in, this is the movie for you.  This is a good and fun movie to watch.  Disclaimer here:  I love everything Johnny Depp has ever done.  The Lone Ranger's character and antics remind me of his roles in the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Put this movie on your list to watch, I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...