Friday, August 29, 2014

Three Day Weekends and Beaches

8/29/2014

Happy three, or if you're lucky, four day weekend.  If you were heading to the beach for the weekend, you should have left yesterday!  Unless you are landlocked in the mid-west, where there are only lakes around, you might, as I write, be dusting off your flip-flops and doing a last minute review of your beach equipment and attire.  

The last time Jeff and I went to the beach, we flew to a nearby airport and walked to the beach.  The flying to and fro was the easy part.  Hard part?  Finding our beach cart, getting Benjamin's sand toys, and gathering up towels.  By the time all that was done, it no longer seemed like a good idea to go the beach.

Today, going over the Bay Beach will be a joke.  Drivers will need to keep their cool about the long lines that may go back several miles.  Still, once you're on the other side, it's pure bliss when you hit the beach.

Those going in the other direction to beaches in Virginia will also have stop and go traffic on the interstate.. However, once you arrive at Virginia Beach or perhaps the Outer Banks, all thoughts of traffic and office work will dissolve - until the return trip!

There was a time, and it was a long time ago, when a trip to the beach included nothing more than towels, sunscreen and sand toys.  As the years progressed, we added beach chairs and umbrellas.  When we took Benjamin to the beach as a toddler, we added a wagon for him to ride in, rather than walk at his pace, which was super slow, because he wanted to investigate every rock and splash in any puddles!

It's been a long time since Jeff and I took the boys' and their families to a two week vacation at a rented house in the Outer Banks.  Those weeks, even though I was the designated cook, gave me some of my most wonderful memories.

Kick back and enjoy the last splurge of summer! 

P

Image result for picture of a beach umbrella 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...