Friday, November 21, 2014

The Fly on the Window

11/21/2014

Yesterday, I was in a multistory office building, sitting in an office waiting for the doc to come in.  I at first was browsing the magazine I had so wisely brought in with me, when I noticed a fly in the window behind the blinds.

A couple of questions immediately came to mind.  How did a fly get inside an office building, up three floors, behind closed exam room doors and on the window?  I know the obvious answer is he must have come up through a vent somewhere and found himself stranded.

Putting all rational thought behind me, because who ever thought I was rational?  Can you just imagine the fly coming through the front doors of the building while they were open and then getting in an elevator while those doors were open.  Still with me?  He gets off the elevator, on the right floor, of course, sees an open door and flies in.  Buzzes around the waiting room for a bit, gets bored and once the receptionist opens the office door, takes a chance on finding a better place to land.  He does this because the magazines that are out for patients don't interest him and he has trouble flipping the pages over with his bitty wings!

Now he's in the hallway and finds another room open and goes in.  He spots the window and flies over hoping that the window is his means of escape.  He gets between the blinds and the window and flits back and forth, looking for an opening, which he doesn't find.

The doctor finally comes in and I put down my magazine and pay attention to what the doctor is saying.  After my appointment, I look one last time at the window and the fly is still there basically caught between a rock and a hard place.  Perhaps while he lingers on the window he might be recalling some advice his mother gave him about flying through open doors!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...