Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Morning Blahs

11/17/2014

No I don't have the blahs because I have to go to work.  Nope, I have the blahs because of the weather outside.  Yesterday, Jeff and I picked up our leaves and filled three yard bags full.  And then it rained, which is sort of okay because wet leaves don't blow around - yeah.

This morning when I opened up my blinds the sky is gray and it's lightly raining.  It's a good day to be inside if you can.  Because of the icky weather outside, I thought that I should use my "SAD" light this morning to help me be less glum.  Hope it works.

Jeff started up our gas fireplace this morning to help take some of the chill out of the air.  We have yet to turn on our heat.  If you wear the appropriate clothing - long sleeves and pants, and are moving around the least bit, then you don't notice the cold - as much!

With this kind of day, I would prefer that Mother Nature gave us some kind of weather - rain or even a dusting of snow.  I'm grateful that once I return from therapy, I'll be in for the day.  

Jeff has a VAC flight tomorrow.  He's flying a disabled Veteran to Kentucky and tomorrow is supposed to be our coldest day yet.  Jeff doesn't want any ice on the plane in the morning.  He can fly in snow and rain, but not with ice on the wings,  well I suppose you could but that would just be stupid and dangerous.  

There is a part of me that would like to see some of the white stuff.  It would mark the beginning of winter for me.  We don't own a snow blower partly because our driveway isn't very long and we always have at least one or sometimes two cars in the driveway, which cuts down on shoveling.  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is a good day for flying.  The really good news about our plane is that the heater works really well.  The a/c not so much!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...