Sunday, November 9, 2014

You Know You're Getting Old When ....

11/9/2014

I remember when I was in high school and participated in the senior school play.  I played a Swedish maid - no, not that kind with the short frilly skirt - the old lady in frumpy clothes and laced up shoes.  My name was Magda Svenson and I was witness to a murder.  As a teenager, I found it fun to spray my hair gray, and stomp around in the gymnasium in my old lady shoes. 

Flash forward to the present day: I no longer have to spray my hair gray, Mother Nature is doing that for me!  No longer a teenager, who was trying to make a fashion statement, I now opt for "old lady" comfort.  I have never met an elastic waist piece of clothing that I don't like.  Whoever thought that buttons and zippers on clothes was a good idea, has never met someone whose weight goes up and down, depending on the sugar intake!  Elastic is so forgiving, oh and comfy too!

Now to the shoes.  I am long past high heels.  While they make your legs look wonderful, they aren't always comfortable.  For both of the boys' weddings, I opted for dressy sandals with chunky short heels, which was a good decision on my part.

Thanks to my hip and back, lacing shoes is really difficult for me.  I can get the shoes tied, sort of, but they never stay tied, and I hate a loose shoe.  I finally gave in and bought myself some walking shoes with Velcro straps.  You're thinking granny I know, and you'd be right.  Easy for me to put on? You bet.  A fashion statement? Not unless you're thinking old lady alert.  Velcro shoes are easy for me to put on and I gave up caring about what other people think about me a long time ago.

So if you see me on the street, I'll be the lady with the elastic waist pants, probably a bit baggy and white Velcro walking shoes!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...