Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Carpet Day

5/3/2017

Some people fill their calendars with boring stuff like: dinners, parties, movies, etc.  Me?  I fill my calendar with appointments with Stanley Steemer.  If airlines give out points for being frequent flyers, then I should be getting "points" of some kind for carpet cleaning!  In case you're wondering, they do an amazing job.  The carpet looks brand new - for a moment.  Then, in a lapse of judgment or perhaps laziness, we allow the girls to have access to the upstairs hall before bedtime.  The rest well you can guess for yourselves.  I tell myself that the girls are getting better, and I guess in some small way they are, but the progress has/is veeeeeeeeeeeery slow. I'm a patient person, but even I have my limits!

Yesterday, armed with clippers and a grass recyclable bag, I went to the front yard, and began much needed work on the boxwoods.  For all the years that Sam was alive, he peed on the same boxwood each and every time he was allowed out front.  Result?  You guessed it, that plant has sustained a lot of damage.  The boxwood hedge is old, was planted years ago, and for the most part is still thriving.  I took a lawn chair out so that I could sit, when I was either: (a) tired; or (b) cutting out branches that I could reach while sitting down.  Perfect.  Today, I will probably continue my task as well as getting a rake to pull out all the accumulated leaves on the ground.  I could, I suppose, have left the hedge clipping/cleaning to the boys on the 13th, when they are coming to help out in the yard.  But, leaving this for them, seems like a waste of their time, when I need them to do other stuff, like cut down dead tree branches and dead trees.  It's hard to imagine, but we have lived in this house for 30 years and our plantings - hedge and trees are also 30 years (give a year or two) old.  The cost for having the boys come to work - food: ribs, potato salad, dessert, cinnamon rolls for the morning.  Stuff like that.  Nothing new, just old time favorites of ours.

The battery on Daisy's anti-bark/shock collar has died.  I have ordered new batteries, but they aren't here, which means that she is free to go outside and bark until her vocal cords hurt.  They doesn't make me happy and I know it doesn't make the neighbors happy either.  If she would come inside when I call her, that would be great.  Nope, she stands outside and essentially gives me the paw equivalent of the middle finger (just kidding, but you get the idea)!  Heck no, I'm not coming inside.  I know you, once I get into the house you'll close the basement door.  Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

This morning, when I woke up, I discovered that the girls had found a stash, probably under the couch, of CPAP supplies, some of which are not usable now.  I think I should just get up with Jeff gets up, feed them and let them settle down, while I "rest" in my chair!  If I was in need of recycling of any kind, the girls are certainly up to the challenge.  Now, if they'd only chew on appropriate stuff.  And, to answer your question, there are appropriate things for them to chew - even a fat pink pig!

Cup is nearly empty.  Upstairs to shower and get dressed and to pick up any random pieces of paper or plastic that has been spread across the floor in the bedroom.

P

Our boxwoods have started to die from the ground up, but you get the idea.

Image result for picture of dying boxwoods


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...