Friday, May 12, 2017

Same Chapter, Different Verse

5/12/2017

The drama: the right knee.  The scenario: visit to a new doctor.  Result: Absolutely nothing. He found no liquid forming around the knee, (but the results from the test on Monday, showed the liquid) and finally said he wasn't the doctor I should be seeing!  What the "f".  He finally offered me a cortisone shot, which I knew wasn't going to do me any good, but for the cost what he was probably going to charge Medicare, I thought he should do something.  At the end of a fairly short visit, he told me that I should really be seeing either "Dr. X" or "Dr Y" in the practice.  Again, what the "f".  I told them at the front desk when I made the appointment that I had a KNEE problem, so why do I always seem to get the B team?  I don't want to be told that I have a bit of swelling of my knee.  Yep, I knew that when I limped in.  

And the drama and effort it takes for me to get in and out of a car is the stuff of comedic movies.  I try to get both feet on the sideboard (or whatever you call it), Stacey is on the other side of the car, and with my fanny "mostly" perched on the edge of the seat, she hauls me in like a bleached whale (my words, assuredly not hers).  Once sitting upright, then with the help of Benjamin, my feet have to get inside.  My left foot is a non-issue, but the right foot has to be maneuvered gently inside.  Because of the amount of time that Stacey and Benjamin spent with me on Wednesday and yesterday, I bought us milkshakes and french fries, from where else Mc'Donalds.  So the day wasn't a complete waste, the shake and fries were yummy.

Tomorrow, the boys are coming to supposedly cut down branches and/or small trees, dig holes for new plants, stuff like that.  The weather isn't looking great for tomorrow - of course not - I planned it! I was going to make potato salad, a fabulous dessert and of course the country style ribs (no bones)!  Unless I get some "oof" in my step later today, I'm afraid the boys might not be getting some of the dishes I've promised.

So that's my story: sad but true.  I'm climbing off my rant box now and will be returning to my original position, reclining in the recliner, sadly.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...