Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Still Guest blogger - 5/24/17

Hi,
Jeff here again - still as guest.

It has been officially determined that Patti's issue is GOUT of the KNEE.  Gout you say - that is of course for the Rich and over-indulgent.  Well, I promise you - Patti and I are neither of those.

Patti is still in alot of pain, and her right foot and leg are still extremely painful.

There was talk, of sending her to a rehabilitation facility instead of the hospital, since, the current word is wait for the fluid to drain or be absorbed and she will get better.

I questioned the Doc this morning - how long do we wait for - the "be patient - it takes time" diagnosis to make things better.

Additionally, Patti has what is called a Baker's cyst (so named by Dr. Baker that first documented this), which is a cyst that develops behind the knee.  At some point, one of the dogs, jumped up on the bed, and landed on Patti's leg.  She heard and felt a "POP" - and apparently this was the cyst rupturing.  Now, all the fluid in that cyst, has gone down into her calf and foot.  And, this is causing additional issues.  We are told, that we have to wait for this fluid to be re-absorbed within the tissue.

Meanwhile, Patti is unable to put any weight or pressure on her right leg/foot without excruciating pain.  Sitting, and being totally inactive does nothing to help make it better... ahh, the ol' Catch-22.

I am hopeful that we can get some better resolution other than - wait... wait... wait... (so how long is reasonable? - this already has been a couple of weeks)

Patti is becoming increasingly frustrated and depressed, and we KNOW that is not a good thing. 

I will head to Hopkins again this afternoon - we will see what I learn.

-J-

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the update, appreciate it. Please give her my love, M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...