Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Remote blog - more drama 5/31/2017

Hi,
Jeff again as the paid typist.  Unfortunately, with my poor typing skills, I will never make any money at this....Again, I was handed a long hand note - told to TYPE IT UP BUB!

5/31/2017
Had trouble getting to sleep.  Before bedtime, I had blood drawn and a new IV - Great way to end the day!
Earlier in the day, I tried multiple times to get a nurse to help me get on the "throne" (I.E. potty chair).  I did manage to hop on to the chair, and hop off.  Tried several times to get help. but I guess the nurses were busy with other patients.  Even so, very annoying. 
I was told at 7:00 this morning, that my procedure would be at 11:00.  I was caught off guard when the transport team came at 8:00 and wheeled me to the procedure room.  I was put into the CAT SCAN machine.  After I was numbed, the doctor put a needle in the back of the knee.  After the needle stick, I was given the bad news... the area behind my knee is inflamed and the liquid isn't - it is more gelatinous - Hair gel comes to mind.  Procedure ends, unsucessfully.

So, I am back in my room - disappointed and frankly depressed.  My nurse told me that I might have to go home and WAIT for the liquid to go somewhere else in my body.  Seriously, THAT doesn't sound like much of an option to me.  I've already been dealing with this for a month.  Going home in the same condition as I was when I cam to the hospital simply does NOT feel like a reasonable solution.

Someone came in and suggested going to rehab - I declined.  I told him that I saw NO reason to go there if my foot issue unresolved.  Physical Therapy came by today.  By using the therapist's foot under mine, I was able, for a short time to bear weight on my right foot.  Rehab was again discussed.  I agreed reluctantly to talk to Jeff about rehab, but I am VERY homesick and depressed.

(the hand written page stops)

Typists comments:
I spoke with Patti's doctor - and while I realize she is trying, does NOT have the best patient communications skills.  About like trying to talk to a dog, (sometimes - cocks her head) is the only response.  I specifically explained - now 10 days, and the condition is NO better at all.  The doc did explain, that the real issue belongs to Orthopedics - so I specifically asked her to ramp up and keep the pressure on the Orthopedics team, to "think outside the box" - look for answers, because - "WAIT THIS TAKES TIME" - simply ISN'T GONNA CUT IT!!!!  Basically there is little or no actual TREATMENT happening to actually TREAT this condition.  TIME - well... HOW LONG DO WE WAIT DOC?  (sometimes these things take MANY MONTHS she says)

Patti is extremely frustrated, and depressed.  It certainly appears that NO PROGRESS has occurred and while they want to be conservitive, we need to be a bit more aggressive.

-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...