Saturday, May 6, 2017

It's Saturday - Yipee!

5/6/2017

It's Saturday and even the gloomy weather outside, can dampen a person's spirit.  On Saturdays and Sundays, Jeff lets me sleep in, while he manages the dogs, which first thing in the morning is feed them.  Once their fed, they now have a tendency to take a nap.  This quiet time allows Jeff to rest/sleep in his recliner.  Since he gets up so early during the week, naps on the weekends are a necessity for him.

Today, Jeff is going to Scott's house for a birthday celebration.  I've opted to stay home with the girls.  The food will be delicious and plentiful, but most of the people invited are computer people, and since I'm not a computer geek, bring very little to the party.   Instead, I'll clean up the kitchen and tackle the basement floor - AGAIN!  

Went for a cat scan yesterday of my knee.  I waited and waited for my appointment and finally a doctor came out and said that I couldn't have the test.  Apparently, I am supposed to have a scan with the injection of dye into the knee.  Now that will be fun.  I'm doing that on Monday and hopefully, that test will provide answers as to why my knee is still bothering me.  I fell in February, so in my mind, the knee should no longer be bothering me. You can see that thinking positive hasn't and isn't working on my knee.  

I've started taking chewy things up to the bedroom at night.  Last night I put two bully sticks under my pillow.  When I heard the beginnings of rustling around, I tossed out the sticks and the girls were quiet for a moment.  I need bigger sticks.

Through the magic of the shots I take weekly, and/or my reduction of food intake, I'm happy to say that the numbers on the scale are moving to the left (lower) than the right (higher).  My tummy rumbles through the day, but I pay no attention to those sounds.  In my mind, when my tummy rumbles, I would normally go and eat something and now I don't.  I still eat, obviously, but not as often and not as much.  I have a goal in mind and I'm working hard to get there.

Hope the sun is out where you are.  Enjoy your day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...