Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday

4/10/2020

Had my morning after breakfast nap, which I enjoy very much. Problem is I don't get around to blogging until quite late.

Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video, or whatever they call it, about charter pilots. Okay, this tweaked my interest. I wanted to know how much charter pilots make? Is it by the job, the hour, etc.?

I learned that private pilots earn on average $74,950. But, the range is $64,000 to $84,211. While in their "down" time, there are free to do contract work, and they then earn about $1,000 day! That's not too bad.

Most private pilots are given a "schedule" of sorts, but generally are only given a four hour notice. One client, only uses his plane three times a year! His crew has a lot of time down, and can do corporate work, or if money isn't a problem, stay at the beach, or wherever the client goes. Every 12 months, the pilot(s) have to pass certain standards, one being needing to pass the medical test. 

If you don't pass the medical test, it's simple. You don't fly. Jeff and I have a plane, not a jet, and there is a difference I can assure you. I forget when but Jeff didn't pass his medical because of an AFib issue, which can cause a person's heart to beat irregularly. Jeff has been tested by his doctors, and other than the AFib issue, has been given the "green light" by his doctors. Once you lose your medical, you have to gather all required documents, and send them back to the FAA, and keep your fingers crossed!

As the owner of the plane, he doesn't get "paid". But, what he does get, is the ability to fly around in circles, if he wants. Or, to a destination, we have flown to the Bahamas twice and those were really good trips. As far, as Jeff is concerned, there are no bad flights, or destinations, as long as you fly safe.

Okay, you know me, I have to research my subject to death. So I wondered what does a "regular" airline pilot make each year. A pilot that flies a large jet earns about $121,408. A pilot of a smaller jet, earns only $104,000. Based on a lot of people's incomes right now, pilots make a great deal of money.

Stay safe.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...