Monday, April 6, 2020

Sunny at Last

4/6/2020

Happy Monday everybody. After several days of gloom and doom, which we absolutely didn't need, and now there is sunshine! It's almost like Mother Nature decided we needed a break - and yes we do.

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to the only two stores on the planet (Costco and WalMart), to do Jeff's weekly shop. I went along and put a scarf around my face. Not the best, but at least I was trying. I now have masks for both of us. I did notice that while most people were wearing masks, there was a whole bunch of people that weren't. Seemed like to me, that only one person in a relationship was wearing a mask. Maybe, they trade off. You know, it's my time to wear the mask, and so on.

When Jeff was in Costco, he did buy toilet paper. Don't need it at the moment, but who knows how long we will have to shelter in place. 

WalMart was, for the most part, had recently been stocked. There were things, such as eggs, that were not available. But, if you go to a regular grocery store, it's likely that you could buy eggs. I literally haven't been out of the house except to ride along when Jeff is ordering take-out. Otherwise, you can find me in the house with great plans of things to do. But, gravity keeps sucking me down in the recliner, which accomplishes nothing!

Stacey, asked us to buy milk, if there was any. We did buy the milk, and I bought Benjamin, two little Lindt (however you spell it) bunnies in a little basket. When we got to Stacey's house, Benjamin had drawn a line on the driveway, and he wrote stop! Away from each other, we had a short conversation. It was very nice to see all of them, and we had to send "virtual" hugs and kisses to them.

Once we got home, we washed our hands after we brought the groceries inside.

While having my breakfast, I listened to the talking heads. I shouldn't do that. It is a bad way to start a day. After you watch the news, with it's chilling reminder of how many people have died here at home, you definitely need to watch a happy show. One of those shows, is the Great British Baking Show.

P




Spring Flowers for your Wedding - Blooms By The Box
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...