Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Look At The Time!!!

4/8/2020

Friends, I'm starting my blog today BEFORE noon. I did have to make a sacrifice, such as foregoing my after breakfast nap, and that's
a really big deal!

The problem (and it isn't much of a problem), is getting your body moving. Frankly, it's just so easy to put off some chore, like cleaning  the spare bedrooms until another day. If we were expecting company, I would absolutely have to get my rear in gear. Alas, no guests in the immediate future, unless it's Benjamin. And, he doesn't matter what the room looks like, as long as the bed is loaded with stuffed animals, and items that produce light - like a snow globe.

I listened to the "talking heads" this morning, until I couldn't stand the chatter any longer. They basically talk about cases and deaths. This is not a good way to start your day. The cure for all the negative things happening in the world, is going to YouTube. There, I've discovered, you can watch comedians, documentaries, and pretty much anything else that might alter your mood. I know it's working for me.

Jeff and I watch a reality show called "Gold Rush". The investors and their team are looking to keep boring holes into the "money shaft". Their dream, as well as ours, would be to discover gold and jewels.To be sure, they have found bits and pieces that were interesting and enticing. But, the BIG treasure, if it's on the island, has yet to be found. I figure if they find gold, then the series would end. What would Jeff and I watch then?
And, of course, if treasure was found, what would the brothers do next?

I think that some of our favorite shows are coming to their season finale. What does that mean? Why does that matter? It matters because then Jeff and I would be forced to TALK to each other! Horrors. When you've been married as long as we have, there is for the most part, very little new things to talk about.

And, since I no longer can seem to remember what show I watched, or what I ate for lunch, I ask Jeff the same question over and over again. I hear the answer, but it doesn't stick, hence the back and forth. I assure Jeff that I really DON'T remember these things, and others like it. This makes both of us sad, because we don't know what's ahead of us.

It's a sunny day, and I should, and probably will, walk around the circle 3 or 4 laps. That's about all I can do. But, from where I started with my personal trainer, I have made great progress. Most people don't have trouble putting socks on, I did. After weeks of training, I can put socks on with no difficulty. I have no idea when the physical therapy office will open.

Here's a picture of happiness. Stay safe.

P

balloon on sky




 

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...