Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fool's Day

On April 1, 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools' Day by playing practical jokes on each other4/1/2020

When I was younger, a lot younger, we kids thought it was fun to try and fool somebody. I really don't remember what we all did, but we were enjoying this special day.

Some history, that I'm pretty sure you don't know:

On April 1, 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools' Day by playing practical jokes on each other. And, then I found a different date - 1582! Wow, were they playing April 1st jokes back then? Pretty sure they were, but it boggles my mind. I have visions of court jesters, who's job on this day, was to make the King laugh. Bad news, for the jester, if you did not! I suppose that if the Kind didn't laugh, then your performance was a one-time gig.

I think I'll tell Benjamin that I sprayed Pop Pop's scalp, because there is no hair, bright green!

At breakfast, I watched the "talking heads". You can only do this for so long, before depression sets in. Monday was the first day that the number of U.S. deaths due to the coronavirus grew by more than 500. And, more sobering is that the number of deaths is approximately $185,499, and, and the number of deaths sits right now as 4,082. And, we all know that is likely, and both or probably, that numbers of cases will grow as time goes by. This is very sad news. 

Once I've read the front pages of the paper, all articles pretty depressing to the comics, to get giggles. We need to laugh more now, than we did in the past.

Jeff turns 71 in April. There will be no celebration with the family. Benjamin's birthday is also in April, and like Jeff's birthday, there will be no celebration. Perhaps, Jeff and I can stop at the end of their driveway, leave a gift, and wave to each other. Hugs and kisses are definitely off limit, which will make all of us sad, so we'll send kisses to Benjamin, Stacey and Andrew from far away.

Stacey's eggs are proving to be very popular. Particularly, since you can't always find them in stores.

Please note, that I'm getting my blog done before noon! Pretty proud of myself!

I'll leave you with today's "holidays". 

National one cent day. Almost impossible for me, as I generally just toss change into the depths of my purse, never to be seen again.

National Sour Dough Bread. Jeff and I both love sour dough bread, probably a bit too much.

And, finally National Walking Day. I'm afraid that going outside to walk, is something I can only do for minutes. If, I make 4 loops around the circle, without stopping, then it's a very good day for me.

Stay safe everyone.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...