Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Just Wednesday

4/29/2020

What can be said about Wednesday? Middle of the week I presume. And, here at home, recycling day. 

And, as usual, I ate my breakfast while watching CNN. I like to get my reality check early in the morning. You know, the numbers. It's true, that the statistics aren't remaining the same. Nope, those numbers are going up, and each morning, I am saddened to see the rise of deaths. Morbid, for sure, but it is what the whole world is talking about.

As I learned this morning, that animals can get sick too. I didn't know that "fluffy" or "fido" can have the virus too. I may have to monitor the amount of face washing I get from Daisy!

Stacey (DIL) is in the face mask business. She is super creative, and I'm not. I don't need to be super creative, and I know that at my age, that boat has already shipped.

What I can do, and have done, is find very pretty (for women) fabric, and classy navy fabric for the guys. As always, her final products turn out very well.

Since there is some talk about the virus sticking around longer, or coming back in the fall, Jeff and I don't want to come up short for needed supplies. If it returns, we have the masks, gloves, thermometer, etc., already to be called to active duty, if the need arises. And, please cross your fingers that when the virus is mostly on the downturn, it just fades away.

I don't know how many more days and/or weeks, before cities begin the slow process of getting back to normal. And, when I say normal, I mean the new normal. I have no idea what that will look like, but we'll eventually be told.

I am reclusive, and my family and friends know this about me. But, even for a recluse, I'd like the opportunity or choice to go out. No destination in mind, just get out of the house.
I know by now, cabin fever's not looking so good.

I found this beautiful picture. I hope that you get a peaceful feeling when you look at it.

 beautiful sight | sue_m2006 | Flickr

P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...