Thursday, April 2, 2020

Tired Of The News!

4/2/2020

It's April here, but feels like winter. I have even turned on the fireplace. I suppose that we'll wake up one day and the temperature will be more seasonal.

While eating my breakfast, I watched the "talking heads", until I thought my head might explode. The numbers for both cases and deaths, continues to get bigger every day. Who knows? And, when this virus has gone away, how will we actually know that's safe to be outside.

First lawn mowing of the season, and looking at the grass makes me happy. It's a sign of spring, even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment. I've parked a lawn chair outside on the sidewalk, so that I can enjoy the sunshine when I want.

My cleaning lady won't come to clean our house until April 29. Guess I'll just have to work at keeping the house tidy. And, that's a big chore, especially, when my body doesn't always want to cooperate.

The flowers are starting to come out, and I love seeing them. Our dogwood tree is beginning to get buds. Once it's in full bloom, the tree, like the flowers, return to life. In the winter, when everything is dormant, and frankly ugly, I begin to worry that that the flowers and trees will wake up.

I had a neighbor, who has since moved away, told us in 1986, that we should remove the dogwood, because they always die. We didn't take her advice, and happy to say that for 32 years, she is still alive and produces beautiful flowers. Point: don't follow everybody's advice. Because some of it might be wrong.

National holidays for today:

  • Children's book day 
  • Peanut butter and jelly and, 
  • Lastly, eat a burrito
Say something nice today✨ – Plants and Beyond
 


P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...