Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kinetic Sand

7/16/2014

Benjamin received a gift of this sand I think for his birthday.  And from everything I heard from Stacey and Benjamin, this sand looked super dooper cool.  I knew I had to try this sand out for myself and let my innder child out to play.

I went to the store and bought a small box of the sand, it comes in a regular sand color, as well as orange, purple and blue.  I took my sand home and dumped the contents of it in an old plastic container and then dug in.  People let me tell you that this is unlike the sand you find on the beach that gets you all gritty.  Nope this stuff is moldable, doesn't stick to your fingers and provided it's sealed properly, doesn't dry out.

Jeff likens it to soft cookie dough.  I haven't as yet actually sat down and played with the sand, but just running my fingers through the sand was a delightful experience.  Maybe it will be some kind of zen for me!

  If you don't think your inner child needs sand, then perhaps a child or grandchild does.  I think they will be tickled with it, and I do appreciate that there is no grit on your hands like beach sand.
 
It may look like just a pile of common beach sand, but dig in and you'll discover that in your hands is an addictive, three-dimensional building toy! Pile it, shape it, squeeze it, or just let it drift in slow motion through your fingers. This futuristic material possesses a delightfully mushy texture and just enough malleability so it can hold the shape of simple sculptures and sand structures. A secret binding agent keeps the granules together, so you won't find sand dunes or drifts settling around your home after playtime. Bring the fun of the beach inside, even when chilly weather strikes, or prop a dune on your desk to keep your hands entertained as you dream of your next vacation. Made in Sweden.


Find a tray and use it as your "sandbox" and then dig in!  I think you'll love it.

P
 KINETIC SAND

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...