Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Water Park

7/30/3014

Today is entertain Ben day.  Unlike his last visit where we took him to the beach and then had the weather turn ugly on us, I'm taking him to a local water park.  The park has multiple slides, fountains and floating animals.  There is also a concession stand where you can buy food and drinks.  By the time I pay for admission, and you know we'll have to eat something from the concession stand, it will turn out to not be the most economical activity.  BUT on the other hand, a day spent at a water park will certainly cost a lot less than aviation fuel!

Since I don't swim and while I like water, you will never find me getting my face wet or horrors actually going underwater.  I have an unhealthy fear of water and as a child was never given the opportunity to learn to swim.  As an adult I simply haven't tried to learn.  A fear that I've given into for this many years, is hard to break.  

I know Ben will have a good time and I know the place will be crawling with children, so perhaps he can find someone to play with.

What I do know is that after a few hours of playing in the water, I suspect that Ben won't put up much of a fight about taking a rest this afternoon.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...