Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fix My Hip Problem Finally?

7/9/2014

Those of you who know me and have been around me for the last umpteen years, know that I have had pain in my left hip area for over 12 years.  Trust me when I tell you that I have been to so many doctors, who have offered me absolutely no help. I have done cortisone shots (painful), therapy, shoe lifts and now if I'm going to be on my feet for a long time a cane.

I have been told over and over again that I have bursitis in the hip area and there's not much that can be done for me.  Or, at least none of the doctors I have seen have been able to come with a solution.  They shake their heads, charge me outrageous sums of money and I never return.  No point in a second appointment, when the first one was so useless.

But, and this is a big BUT, I believe hope is on the horizon.  My doctor at Hopkins has reviewed the results from my last MRI and believes I am suffering from a gluteus medius tendon tear (think similar to a tear at the rotatory cuff in the shoulder.

AND there appears to be hope on the horizon.  There is a hospital in New York, unfortunately right smack in the downtown area, that is called Hospital for Special Surgery and there is a doctor there that is familiar with this condition and looks like it can be fixed arthroscopically.  Can you imagine my relief that there is actually somebody out there that is familiar with this problem and better yet has a solution!  If I see this doctor and he believes he can help me, then I might not always be the designated handicapped person when going out with friends!

I don't know how many weeks/months it will take before I can be seen, but I'm satisfied just knowing that it appears something can be done for me.

I'll keep you posted.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...