Sunday, July 13, 2014

Making Fondant

7/13/2014

If, you've ever been to an "event", then you have probably also been privy to cakes covered in fondant, which I don't find to be my thing.

Jeff found an article on the internet that has a recipe for making your own fondant, and it sounds super easy:

For a large batch of "fondant" you will need:

8 oz. marshmallows
1 pound powdered sugar
3 oz. jello powder (any flavor)
2 teas. water

You mix the marshmallows, water and jello mix together.  Melt for 50 seconds on half power. Stir and cook for 45 seconds on half power and mix one more time.

Sift powdered sugar and add the sifted sugar to your marshmallow mixture handfuls at a time, until it forms a ball.

Once it's mostly solid, pour out onto your surface that has powdered sugar on it.  Carefully knead while incorporating as much powdered sugar as you need.

Keep going until the ball can pass between your hands, probably 20 times, without sticking to your hands.

Wrap it up until you are ready to use.

To make a smaller batch:

2 oz. marshmallows
1/4 lb. powdered sugar
4 tsp jello
little bit of water

I have no reason to make "fake fondant", but I am going to give it a try.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...