Monday, October 13, 2014

Bing TV Watching

10/13/2014

I know you have all heard about binge eating, but there is another kind of binging - a television show.  With the help of Netflix, you can watch hours and I do mean hours of uninterrupted (i.e., no commercials) of certain television shows.

A month ago my binge watching was "Hell on Wheels" which I highly recommend.  It's about building the Union Pacific Railroad.  Deals with hooligans, Indians, drunkards, prostitutes, cheating and anything else that you can think of that is dirty and/or evil.  

One of the boys mentioned that I should watch the show "Scandal", which is set in current times, but has much in common with "Hell on Wheels".  Instead of building a railroad, we see modern day politicians cheating, stealing, murdering and scheming.  When you think of the tv show, in some ways it closely resembles real life in Washington.  

It was raining over the weekend and in between chores, and yes I really did some, I put my hind end on the sofa and watched several episodes before getting up to do more chores.  That scene was played over and over again during the weekend.  I like shows without commercials, who doesn't?  And if you are binge watching, then you don't have to remember what last weeks show was about.

I have never made any excuses for my love of television.  Current shows bear no resemblance whatsoever to what I watched as a teenager.  Shows in the 60's were generally pleasant, family orientated without all of the violence you see today.

I believe our standards for a lot of television shows today require a certain amount of violence, and/or sex.  I'm not against watching a show that has some violence in it, but the show that Jeff likes so much "Blacklist" I have stopped watching.  The things that happen to people in that show give me nightmares.  

It's time for me to get myself up and resume my cleaning.  There is nothing like having company coming to your house that gets you moving faster to tidy up, hide or disguise some of the things around the house.  

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...