Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Weather Sucks

10/15/2014

I believe the title says it all.  The weather does suck.  I've no particular reason to complain though. I don't have to leave my house and the combination of wind and rain is keeping fallen leaves from flying all over the place.

The real reason the weather sucks is because Jeff is supposed to be flying from Ohio to Maryland.  I've looked at the radar for the local area, and it ain't pretty.  Little planes can do rain just fine, thunder doesn't pose the same threat that lightening does.  Lightening in a  little plane can bring the plane down in a hurry.  Jeff is a very conservative pilot and I know that where ever he is right now, he's looking at the radar map.  It is always possible to try and fly away from the storms by deviating your route. 

With today's weather, I don't know if that's a possibility for Jeff or not.  If the weather delays his coming home until tomorrow, I would rather he be safe than sorry. 

The humidity is so high right now that I was forced to turn the a/c units back on, otherwise I would end up feeling like a soggy sponge! 

It's almost time for the daily commute from work to home and at the moment the rain is really coming down, so it may be slow going on the roads. 

It's raining hard enough that Sam (terrier) who dislikes having his feet get wet, hurries in and out of the doggy door to keep his time in the weather as short as possible.  As I type, he is curled up in a side chair fast asleep.  Ah the life of dogs.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...