Sunday, October 12, 2014

Traveling

10/12/2014

Traveling.  Who doesn't like to travel?  Think of it, you don't have to cook meals or clean-up, make your bed or wash your towels.  And as an added bonus you get a bunch of little bottles of shampoos, mouth wash as well as pint sized pieces of soap.  I don't know about you, but in my spare bathroom, I have an entire, yes I said entire, drawer devoted to those little things.  I save them because them are handy when you are traveling, particularly for taking a commercial flight where everything has to be sized just so.  Another perk of having your own plane, is that I can, if I want, take really big bottles of stuff with me.

I personally don't like those moving walkways, but then again I don't like escalators either.  I'm always afraid (not rational thinking I know) that somehow my foot is going to be swallowed up by the teeth of the step behind me.  I find it unnerving to be moved, while not actually moving, at a pace set by somebody (who knows who).  When getting on the walkway there is always a bit of a lurch which annoys me because I'm not always steady on my feet.

Then there's security.  As mentioned above, little bottles in clear plastic bags, laptop bags opened up and laptops booted up.  Hoping to make it through the scanner by not setting off any type of alarm.  And, of course, you have to have your purses and briefcases scanned, and you hope that let's say a mini hair dryer doesn't look like some kind of weapon!

It's been a long time since I flew commercial, but I remember all too well that I'm too short and not strong enough to heft my carry-on up over my head.  I try to bring a bag small enough that it will tuck under my seat, which has the added advantage of being easily retrieved when the plane lands.

I guess it should come as no surprise to me based on the way people dress today. Jeans are now seen everywhere, even in churches.  A clean, unstained, un-ripped pair of jeans is acceptable almost everywhere now.  But then there are the jeans that are: too tight, too long resulting in frayed and dirty hems, and jeans that are torn either by the manufacturer or by the wearer.  I personally also don't like flip-flops.  I'm not talking about the more expensive thong sandals that actually stay on your feet - no it's those flimsy ones that make that dreadful flip-flop sound when they walk.


You and your seat buddy(s) all have individual controls, but pleasing three people in a confined space is maddening.  I don't want cold air blowing on my head, but the guy next to me does.  I don't want the armrest down simply because I don't want passenger overflow into my seat.  The trouble with the armrest is that really only one person can use it at a time.  I'm a bit on the timid side (ya think?) and have never "fought" for my own elbow space.  Life's just too short.

Before I end, I want to share with you something I found on the internet.  It's a product called Claspies. If you are wearing Claspies, you can change your underwear anywhere and anytime.   Claspies allow you to STAND on two feet while putting on your panties ... plus, you can keep your pants and shoes on during the entire process (no more worrying about losing your balance and having your feet touch wet/dirty bathroom floors)!  Who knew that a product like this existed?

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...