Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Young Doctors

10/1/2014

In the last two days I have seen two doctors.  Both doctors were younger than me, but then again, isn't everybody?  The second doctor I saw was definitely twelve, okay maybe fourteen.  

What I liked about both of these doctors was their "bedside" manner.  My appointments lasted longer than I would have thought possible.  Neither doctor looked at their watches or cellphones during my visit.  Were other patients waiting?  Probably, but still both doctors seemed unhurried.

Both doctors are orthopedics and in their practice patients wear navy disposable shorts.  Reminded me very much of gym class!  I would say that the shorts were much more functional than fussing with a stupid gown that I can never seem to get tied up!    

The second doctor, who was younger, showed a lot of empathy to me and my never ending problem with my left hip.  He looked the MRI films, did an exam of the hip area.  When he hit "the spot" in my left hip area, the pain was so intense, he's lucky I didn't accidentally kick him.

Long story short, the actual age of a doctor doesn't matter.  What does matter is that the doctor, young or old, listen to you, I mean really listen to you.  Doesn't try and get you in an out of his office in fifteen minutes to maximize how many patients and money he can make in a day.  With these two doctors, I felt like I had struck gold!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...