Monday, October 20, 2014

Dressing for the Weather

10/20/2014

Unless you are living on a tropical isle (and if you are - congratulations), then you know that summer is officially over, and we're in the "Winnie Pooh" season (if you live somewhere were leaves drop after the wind blows).  

Having said that, I have put away most of my "shorty pants" to the back of my closet.  Now, I'm rummaging around in drawers looking for pants, and hope they still fit!  Sleeveless tops are also put away in favor of long sleeves and sweaters.  It's not cold enough for a coat right now, but in the evening a jacket feels pretty good.

Since we installed a gas fireplace, that I can start with the push of a button, my den where I do all of my television watching, gets nice and toasty.  Even the dogs appreciate the warmth.  Sometimes I think the room gets overly warm, so then I have two choices: (1) turn the fireplace off; or (2) crack open a window.  Life is just one decision after another.

Summer has never been my favorite time of the year.  I hate sweating (or glowing as we women prefer to call it), sticking to leather furniture and are forced to either run the a/c (which the power company is in favor of), or have fans all over the house!  In the summer, cool showers are lovely as are cold floor tiles under your feet.  At this time of the year, the heat lamp is on, and I do the Texas Two Step from one bathroom rug to another!

Unless it's the dead of summer and the a/c is on, we sleep with our bedroom windows open even in winter.  Even during a snowstorm, we open the window only a crack, because who wants to wake up and find a foot of snow on the carpet?  Bedrooms, in our humble opinion, should be cool because we feel we sleep better.  And, when you sleep with two dogs, it's hard to actually feel cold when they are tucked in between us!

Neither of us have offices we must travel to anymore, so watching the weather intently, looking for building closures, isn't high on our priority list.  Though we no longer work, we still want to know if a large snowstorm is headed our way - have to make sure you don't run out of the essentials!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...