Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cirrus Plane Crash in Maryland

10/25/2014

This wasn't what I was going to blog about today, but since the crash between a Cirrus plane (like ours) and a helicopter made the news, I thought I should put everyone's mind at rest.  The Cirrus involved in the crash wasn't ours.  We do rent the plane out, which helps us with plane expenses, and luckily for us, our plane was sitting in it's parking place at the airport.

Jeff had been out for the day playing "Farmer John" on Scott's "estate" and while he was gone a friend of ours called to see if Jeff was okay.  I thought the call was a bit odd, but assured him that Jeff was on the ground.

Apparently, Andy was at the hospital with Stacey and Benjamin to get a few stitches, who had an encounter with cement, which the cement won.  Andy called Jeff to tell him about the crash and wanted to make sure that he/we were safe.

I was enjoying my usual round-up of cheesy shows, all of which were recorded, earlier in the day and knew nothing about the plane crash, until Jeff came home later that night.  Any kind of aviation accident, particularly involving a Cirrus plane, gives us both pause.  The pilot of the plane did deploy the parachute and he and his passenger left the scene with some minor cuts and bruises.  

For any naysayers out there, when the parachute is used, people walk away, all in one piece.  That bit (a large bit to be sure) of nylon that sits ever ready, should we need to use it, makes me feel safer flying in our plane.  Anytime someone can walk away from a plane crash, it's a good thing.

The parachute pulls on Cirrus' planes, has saved many lives and this week two more people are alive thanks to the on board parachute.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...