Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And I Miss Him

10/14/2014

Jeff's been gone a week and I admit that I've enjoyed being a "bachloret" (sp).  After 40 years of marriage a break away from each other can be a good thing.  Well there is one more thing, that "break" should be generic, i.e., "G" rated!  

While Jeff has been gone, I haven't turned the oven on and haven't used enough dishes to warrant use of the dishwasher.  Jeff has a coffee cup, just one, that he uses day after day.  I don't wash it - ever - because he swears that when I have washed it in the past, coffee no longer tastes the same.  I doubt that seriously, but because he's asked, I leave the cup alone.  At this point, I'm not even sure I could wash it and make it clean.  No, I think I would have to use something stronger than soap!

There are things that I do when Jeff isn't home, like having frosted flakes for my dinner and toast as a mid-day snack.  I read the paper first, actually what I do could not technically be called reading, it's more like browsing or scanning.  I do, however, really read the comics!  What can I say?

When Jeff is home, he does the heavy lifting and I'm not talking about physically.  He takes the mail each day and sorts real mail from junk.  If there is a response needed to something in the mail, he does it.  

When I become unhinged over something silly and trival, Jeff listens.  He assures me that everything is okay.  Before all of the nonsense of 2013, my brain hadn't suffered from loss of memory, so I didn't need as much help handling things, as I do today.

Jeff promises me that everything is and will be fine.  And I believe him. I turn to him when my world, which is small and for the most part calm, becomes chaotic.  I let Jeff take care of me. I know that he doesn't want me to worry needlessly over silly, stupid tings, so he talks me "off the ledge".

While I miss him, I am thrilled that Jeff was able to go to the COPA migration in Las Vegas last week.  And, unlike migrations in the past when I tagged along, he didn't have to fret over whether I was/am having a good time.  After enduring a tortorious year, I was all in about Jeff flying out West and enjoying himself.

I sent him an email last night that said simply:  "Time to come home. I miss you."

P


2 comments:

  1. Patti, he is on his way. We had such a nice visit with Jeff and John, short, but so nice to catch up on things. We watched them take off from our Bermuda Dunes Airport earlier today, they too are eager to get home. Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday gift!! It arrived safely in one piece and I am amazed at the detail on it. It has such happy colors to it, it puts a smile on my face!
    Take care,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. I have too many clowns and decided that I should give some away to family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...