Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Motor Vehicle Administration

10/7/2014

Some time, and I don't know when, I misplaced or had stolen my disability placard.  I have disability plates but if I'm in somebody else's car, I use the placard.  In order to get a new one, you have to file a police report (really) and have the police report number to get a new placard.

On the report you have to indicate what date and where the placard was stolen or misplaced.  Since I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast, it was pretty hard for me to come up with a date and place, but I managed.

So this morning, armed with my police report, I set off for the MVA.  You never go to the MVA without having something to do - puzzles, book, knitting, etc.  You could end up sitting on those nasty hard orange chairs for a very long time.  At the entrance to the MVA there are two kiosks and a long line behind both of them.  The kiosks were there apparently so that you could make an appointment.  Luckily for me, the lady behind the counter asked me what I needed, and she gave me a number and told me to sit and wait for my turn.

I have heard horror stories of people who have waited for a very long time before their number is called.  I think I waited all of ten minutes, just about enough time for me to complete one of my "dummy" puzzles.  While trying to concentrate on questions about what sound does a cow make, I could hear cellphones ringing, children crying (and this behavior I certainly understand), and under the breath grumbling of people sitting around me.

I know that some folks that were there likely had complicated issues, stolen license plates comes to mind for some reason.  These people were sitting in the orange chairs when I arrived and they were still sitting when I left.

I have now checked off something on my list - get a new placard, and can move on to more interesting things, like reading or because it's cooler now, knitting.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...