Thursday, October 2, 2014

Web Sites

10/2/2014

I love the internet.  You can find anything on the "net", even stuff you wish you hadn't stumbled on!  The less said about that the better.

For many years, the go to place to search was Yahoo.  But today it's Google.  I love Google.  Type in something you want to know more about and voila you will get back more sites to visit than you thought possible.

In a recent survey, Google had 190.7 million visitors in a month with Yahoo coming in with 166.8 million.  Facebook is popular (you think?) as is Amazon, where you can buy almost anything and some of the time even get free shipping!  Who doesn't like that?

My old friend Ebay had 66.3 million visitors, and I am one of the people that was counted in as a visitor.  I have been loyal to Ebay as a buyer for many years.  

The survey also listed web sites numbering from 11 to 50 of the most visited sites, after the big ones 1- 10.  I looked at the list and I saw Wal-Mart (I've gone there), Craiglist and Target.  Interestingly, Pinterest made the list but not Etsy.  

With few exceptions, like our weekly visit to WalMart, I haven't been in a department store in several years.  Why should I leave the ease of my chair to go and do battle in parking lots and at cash registers.  Shopping isn't crazy yet, but give it another month, then folks go nuts looking for the perfect gift.  Now that the boys are men, Christmas gifts are super easy - they both appreciate gift cards, as do their wives.  It's not as personal as my years of thinking hard for a perfect gift for everybody, but it's easier, and as a bonus one size fits all!

Happy browsing!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...