Monday, October 6, 2014

Showering

10/6/2014

Just as the seasons change from hot to cold, so does my showering.  In the summer, when it's hot, humid and icky outside, a cool or cold shower is refreshing, and I linger in the bathroom while I walk barefooted across the tile floor.  My grandmother always thought that she slept best if she had a bath/shower before sleeping.  I can't argue with that because I've done it myself.

Fast forward to the weather we're having now, cool(er) days and nights. I no longer want a cool"ish" shower, I want warm to hot.  I turn the sunlamp on in the bathroom which is supposed to make the bathroom  I'm not just sure how much a difference it makes in the temperature. After getting out of a shower when it's cold, I do the "Texas Two Step" from the shower to the rugs that are on the floor.  I definitely do not want to put my bare tootsies on cold tile.  Yikes.  You can put in some pipes (I think that's what they are) that will provide radiant heat to the tile floor.  Pretty sure it's expensive.  Pretty sure it would involve tearing up the floor, which we had re-tiled a few years ago.  Now, if I bought a house with radiant heat in the floor, I sure wouldn't complain!

While I may linger in the bathroom in the summer, at this time of the year, I am the fastest dresser, teeth brusher, hair comber you've ever seen. 

So there you have it.  Seasons change - showers change.  Just a thought.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...