Saturday, December 27, 2014

It's on Sale!

12/27/2014

If you haven't noticed, and I'm not sure that's possible, right this minute is the perfect time to buy things on sale!  The newspaper is crammed with full page ads declaring that everything from your favorite sweater to some weird kitchen gadgets that you didn't know you needed.

It's the right time of the year to buy appliances, large or small, and televisions big or bigger.  But I don't need any of those things, so I merely glance at the pretty pictures and keep going.  I did do some research to see what it cost to advertise in the Washington Post, for example. 

Clearly, the advertiser has to make the big decision about a daily ad or just one on Sundays.
 
12 Pages is $605 daily or $853 on Sunday
24 pages is $578 daily or $819 on Sunday
24 pages is $578 daily or $819 on Sunday
36 pages is $558 daily or $793 on Sunday
 
I am not the consumer that advertisers are targeting.  They are likely more interested in younger people who have expendable income.  It's not that senior citizens don't have money, we're just no longer "hip" and tend to be stuck in ruts, which is fine with all of us.
 
But I wanted to show you some weird kitchen gear that you didn't know you needed, much less that it was even made: 
 
An Oreo cookie dunker, a "tater" glove and a biscuit and drink cup:
 
It's about time someone came up with this! The Dipr - perfect for kids and adults so you can dunk your Oreo without dropping it in the glass!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...