Saturday, December 6, 2014

Just Call Me Chester!

12/6/2014

There maybe some of you out there who doesn't know who "Chester" is/was.  Chester was in the television show Gunsmoke (again, you have to be of a certain "age" to know about that show.  Anyway, Chester walked with a limp, and now I do too!

Yesterday I took myself off to the podiatrist because my right foot was giving me some trouble (i.e., pain)!  Apparently, I have a bone spur on my heel which is causing the arch of my foot to be very painful.  I was outfitted with not one, but three different "things" to wear on my right leg.  There is the walking cast in a beautiful shade of gray and black equipped with more Velcro straps than I've seen in a long time.

I also have a walking shoe - again Velcro.  I'm not supposed to use that shoe often, only when I have to drive.  That shoe is again black and gray.  And the piece d' resistance a boot like thing that I wear for only one hour at night before bed.  And I bet you can guess the color!

While I was getting instructions for getting in (harder) and out (easier) of each of these semi-torture devices, I wondered why these kind of devices can't come in another color - red comes to mind or patterned.  Is there some medical law that says if you have hurt yourself, you must not only be stuck walking around with a cast that goes clump when you walk, but it must be butt ugly as well?  I'm going to be limping around until the end of next week.  Stairs are particularly difficult because the boot is so heavy and I'm sure that I shouldn't be overdoing it with housework or cooking!  Luckily, I have a large stack of library books and a fire in the fireplace - so I'm all set.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...