Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Movie Review

12/31/2014

Couple of things.  Starting tomorrow you are going to mentally wrestle with yourself to write down 2015 for a couple of days.  And, for some of us slow learners maybe more than just a couple of days!

Last night Jeff and I watched the movie "42" which is about Jackie Robinson.  Now I don't know squat about sports of any kind, but I have heard about this baseball player.  I know that he eventually played for the Brooklyn Dodgers and was the first black man to play baseball for a major team.

This is a good movie.  The acting is good and parts of the story will make you uncomfortable because of the harassment that Robinson had to put up with.  

Facts about Robinson:  At the end of his rookie season, he had become National League Rookie of the Year with 12 homers, a league-leading 29 steals, and a .297 average. In 1949, he was selected as the NL's Most Valuable player of the Year and also won the batting title with a .342 average that same year. As a result of his great success, Jackie was eventually inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962. 

I highly recommend the movie.  I hadn't heard about it before, but I'm sure glad that I found it in the TV Guide and recorded it.  It is truly worth watching.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...