Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Change of Scenery

12/28/2014

I bet you think I'm going to write about seasonal weather changes.  Nope.  Not even close.

I'm talking about the scenery in stores. Yesterday, Jeff and I went to WalMart, which by the way was packed.  At the back of the store you could get wrapping paper, ornaments, decorated gift giving boxes, fake trees and anything else remotely related to Christmas.  I admit 75% off of some of those things was a good buy, but not for me.

In the bowels of the basement, which is pretty a "no woman" zone, I have a small box where I put wrapping paper, tiny bits of ribbon and gift boxes.  The thought of bringing something home that I would have to store for 12 months quickly clears my mind of the insanity of even contemplating buying.

What I do find disturbing and it's not just at WalMart, it's everwhere, the shelves were already cleared of all things Christmas except for the very back of the store.  Now the shelves were filled with a few New Year's Eve goodies - special plates, hats, stuff like that.

Where once the shelves that held candy canes and all manner of red and green candy, now is being stocked with candy for Valentine's Day!  Good grief Charlie Brown.  Can we not let each holiday pass before jumping ahead to the next one.  I'm pretty sure that by February 14th, the Easter parade of goodies will begin.

So if you're pining for deep discounts on Christmas stuff, including those garish sweaters, now is the time to get out your credit card and start buying.  I've left lots of things in the store for you to buy.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...