Sunday, December 14, 2014

Wrapping Presents

12/13/2014

My friends and family know that I'm absolutely on board about searching for and getting gifts for my family.  I can literally spend hours on the computer in search of this or that for someone.  And, I love it.  But here's the part of Christmas that I do not like - wrapping!  On this subject I am definitely Bah Hum Bug.  

Jeff and I had sons.  Sons, unlike girls, don't give a dang what the package looks like.  It's all about what's inside.  In the beginning, when the boys were young, I wrapped all the presents - more or less.  I'm not a bow person or a crafty idea person.  You want wrapping paper, with a lot of tape to hold the paper in place - I'm your girl.  Fancy - not so much.

Once the boys were mostly passed getting toys for gifts, a lot of their presents came in shirt boxes, which spelt B-O-R-I-N-G to them.  It wasn't long before retailers came out with "decorated" shirt boxes, snowflakes and the like.  Well this revelation was a boon to me, stick the dreaded piece of clothing inside, tape on both sides, name tag and voila I'm done.  Yeah for me.

My daughter-in-law is beyond excellence in all things to do with crafts.  The presents she wraps are beautiful, from the paper to the ribbon and bow.  I have always stood in awe of people who are able to take a box and turn it into something beautiful.  But, if you're waiting to receive that kind of wrapping from me, you're going to wait a very long time.

I have done most of my wrapping which is marginal at best.  And yes I need to go tomorrow and buy the dreaded shirt boxes.  What do you buy adult sons?  Tools would be Jeff's department.  I don't buy tools and for the sake of the boys it's probably a good thing!

It seems likely that once I have secured the necessary number of shirt boxes, all of which are going to be gifts for the boys, I will more than likely put the item inside the box and tape it shut.  I can't find my leftover gift tags, so in the meantime I am using post-it-notes secured with more tape.  

Martha Stewart, and the like, should rest easy because I'm so not a viable contender in the art of wrapping.

I found the following on the internet.  The company is called Crap Wrap from England.  Here is an example of what I consider a well "wrapped" package!  Notice the attention to detail to make sure that the paper won't come undone.


CrapWrap
 
 P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...