Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Resolutions

12/30/2014

Yes people, it's time to stop drinking the eggnog, and start putting pen to paper, literally or mentally, to prepare for Thursday.  Yeah, a new year and while it's all new and shining, the possibilities are endless.

You know how much I love research, so I wanted to see what are the top resolutions people make year after year.  Keep in mind, that these resolutions are generally gone before the 1st of February!

So looking at this list, I need to work on #1, #7, #8 and #9 (big time).  I would like to take a trip, and grocery runs to Frederick don't count!  And for the record, I have tried volunteering this year and none of my efforts have paid off for me.  In fact, at my last run at volunteering, I was more or less fired.  The lady couldn't seem to get the words out of her mouth, so I just told her that I was going to look for a different opportunity. She was relieved.

I know as I sit here this morning and look at the list below, that my working on losing weight, is a "losing" battle.  I have gained and lost the same number of pounds for nearly 40 years.  I get really motivated and then when the numbers on that stupid scale don't start to go down as fast as I would like, I begin to think what difference would a cookie or a piece of candy make?  Apparently, one cookie or one piece of candy, not much.  Many cookies or candies cause the scale numbers to move to the right, as in bigger numbers! Arrgh.

I haven't been able to handle stress very well over the years, and even though I have all the "tools" to help me deal with stress, I still struggle.  Perhaps I'm just a certified worrier, and if everything is going well, then I worry that the other shoe is about to drop!

There you have it folks.  Pick and choose your favorite ones so that you can promptly forget them!

  1. Lose Weight
  2. Volunteer to Help Others
  3. Quit Smoking
  4. Get a Better Education
  5. Get a Better Job
  6. Save Money
  7. Get Fit
  8. Eat Healthy Food
  9. Manage Stress
  10. Manage Debt
  11. Take a Trip
  12. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
  13. Drink Less Alcoholo
Happy almost New Year!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...