Thursday, December 4, 2014

Protests

12/4/2014

You would have to be living under a rock not to notice the protests in Missouri, New York and in D.C.  Our regular television show was overridden with breaking news from New York.  Rows of police and people walking down the roads carrying signs and chanting.  Traffic, obviously, was at a standstill and I can't even imagine what the drivers were thinking while they were sitting amid all the protesters.  

I never have, nor will I ever, make my opinions known when it comes to situations like yesterday's protesting.  I will say, without knowing all the facts, that it seems like the police have perhaps been overreaching in trying to turn around rampant chaos.  I know that I would definitely not want to be a policeman, particularly in today's environment.  

While watching the breaking news last night, got me to reminiscing about what I now consider the peaceful 60's.  Oh we had some drugs, hippies and peace rallies, but compared to what is going on presently, it was, for the most part, a peaceful time.   

I know that we will never return to a simpler way of living, and on some level that's a shame.  In the past, we didn't have 24/7 media blitz or social networking - and we all managed to survive!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...