Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Luck

12/3/2014

There is an old saying in the Bassett house that if we didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any at all!  And that saying was never more true than this morning when Jeff took our car back to the dealer for service.  

Our regular mechanic handles all the ordinary stuff like oil change, rotating tires, etc.  But when we had the car in last week for him to look at, he told us that we needed to take the car back to the dealer.  He also happened to mention that the repair, if not under warranty, was probably going to be expensive!  

Jeff made an appointment for this morning to take the Benz in and had arranged to get a loaner car since we have to go to Baltimore this afternoon.  The service writer felt bad (or not) when he told Jeff that our warranty expired on November 15th!  Curses, fouled again.

The car has to be fixed, so there is little you can do.  Leave the car, hope that we won't have to take our a second mortgage on the house to pay for the repairs!  They did, however, give us a bright red little Mercedes loaner car.  And, the service people at the dealership are, of course, helpful as well as nice.  

Did we need a loaner car?  Hmm, probably not.  We have the little "z" sitting in the driveway, but it's so ugly out today, and I hate being in that car with the top up - something about close places.

I don't remember the last time we took the car back to the dealer, so in my mind, the loaner  is just a perk, that I'm getting for "free" (ha)!

I hope it's sunny where you are, because it's downright gloomy here.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...