Monday, December 8, 2014

Hallmark and Lifetime Movies

12/8/2014

Yes folks it's that time of the year.  What time of the year you ask?  The showing of "schmaltzy (sp?) movies with commercials heavily sweetened, especially if you're on the Hallmark channel.  

To be fair, I love these holiday movies, they are just so absolutely perfect!  It's cold, there's a touch of snow, and everyone loves, eventually, everybody.  They are all so predictable and yet I set my Tivo to record each and every one of them.  

Last night my holiday television watching went to a new low.  I watched the movie about Grumpy the cat.  The cat is adorably cute, which is about the only good thing I can say about the movie.  I'm not one to give up on a sinking ship, or movie, so I hung on to the end, but I have no idea why.  The movie was genuinely that bad.

In years past I would watch movies that I had seen before, some of them, more than once.  This year I decided I would be more discerning and only watch new movies.  Even though I'm only going to watch new movies, there is still a lot of them scheduled for December.

I think the allure of these Christmas movies is that the whole family appears to get along and any troubles that the family encounters is quickly dealt with.  Would that real life be that simple!

Happy television watching.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...