Thursday, December 18, 2014

Birthday in Review

12/18/2014

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday.  The sun was out in all her glory and the temperature was mild enough that a heavy coat wasn't needed.

I took myself off early to do the nails and toes thing - heaven.  When I came home, Jeff suggested a trip to the store called 5 Below to see what kind of things they had for sale.  Shopping is not something Jeff does eagerly, so I was thrilled with the invite.

Once inside the store, we found a number of low priced goodies for Benjamin's stocking at Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop's house.  All the items at 5 Below are really inexpensive so the quality of the items reflects the low prices.  Still, it was fun to push my cart around and grab up a few things.

After we left the store, Jeff took me to Scott's townhouse that the two of them have been working on for most of the year.  Scott bought new cabinets for the kitchen and there is now a granite counter top that looks really good.  I believe Scott intends to put in a dark wood floor which will go nicely with the white cabinets.

There is sawdust everywhere from cutting wood for floor boards and the like.  The bedrooms which were painted in very dark colors, has the first coat of paint, but because of the dark colors, will require a second coat.

New toilets and vanities, a nearly new washer and dryer that Jeff and Scott found sitting in front of someone's house being sold for a ridiculously low price.  To be frank, the washer sitting in Scott's townhouse is years newer than the one I have.

Next step was to our favorite restaurant for Mexican food and Tres Leche (however you spell it) cake.  I also breezed through Tuesday Morning but saw nothing I felt I needed to buy.

Once home, I needed to give my hip a break, so I enjoyed a couple of Judge Judy's television shows.  My friend Kim came over in the evening and brought me a gift certificate to the salon where I go for sparkly nails, which is always a great gift.  She also gave me a book called "Secret Garden, An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book".  Apparently on each page in the book are "hidden" objects that you have to look for.  There's a "cheatsy" sheet at the back of the book, in case you can't find anything!  Kim is a very good friend who remembers that I love to color and have some very grown up type markers that I use when coloring.  

Kim was a complete stranger to Jeff and I until Benjamin was born.  Our friendship started when I was taking Benjamin for a walk in his stroller and she came out to meet me.  Kim and her family have been helping us take care of Benjamin every since.  When Benjamin visits, he spends most of the day with Kim, who can and does takes him out for walks, the trampoline, etc.  After a day with Kim, he comes home to Mom-Mom for quieter activities.  It's a win-win all around for Benjamin.  

Today, is not my "day", and I do have a number of people coming over to the house on Saturday for dinner, so I best get myself dressed and start dusting!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...